Remote Proctoring is the process which can help you to conduct online exam for remote candidate. Authentication of remote candidate is important so that you can allow valid person to appear for online exam. When candidate is appearing for exam from remote location, you need to verify person by checking his/her identity. Technology can help you to simplify this process. Here are steps to verify it.
Here is short video to understand this process
1. Candidate can login to the system using valid credentials.
2. On Successful Login candidate is asked to enter identity card number to be entered in the system
3. System would validate it with records provided during registration.e.g. if candidate has provided PAN number information then system would compare it with record available in the system.
4. If identity information matches then candidate need to show his/her identity card to the remote proctor sitting and monitoring candidate.
Here candidate is showing his Identity card to be validated by proctor.
5. If identity is not valid then proctor may reject it. Candidate need to redo this process of showing identity card for validation.
6. If identity is valid then candidate is allowed to move forward and appear for the online exam. During Online exam there is continuous streaming of the candidate activity. Exam screen is also blocked and candidate can not open any other window during online examination process.
7. Proctor can initiate live chat with candidate.
8. Candidate can appear for the exam withing defined exam timeline and finish exam activity. Remote proctor can monitor it and system also records the overall process. Video of candidate activity is available in the system for audit purpose.
In this way it is possible to conduct online exams for remote candidates in a secure environment. Candidate get flexibility of the location and remote proctor can monitor the exam from any location. Technology provides process framework to conduct online exams with secure and proctored environment.
Remote Proctor has all the facilities and features to monitor online exam activity of multiple candidates appearing for the exam from remote location.
Pause/ Resume/ Terminate Exam:
Proctor has special privilege to control online exam. There is facility to pause/ terminate remote exam process. If during online streaming process proctor finds candidate is not appearing for online exam in fair manner or trying to cheat then proctor can issue warning or can pause/ terminate exam process.
Entire activity of exam process along with candidate activity is recorded using live streaming so it is easy to audit wrong doings of the candidate related to online exam process.
Here is the technical summary of managing online exams using Remote Proctoring